I lectured my wife last night about irrational anxieties – she’s got some doozies.
First Reason You Should be Afraid of Spiders
You never know how fast they are going to run.
Second Reason You Should be Afraid of Spiders
You never know if they are the “jumping sort”.
Third Reason You Should be Afraid of Spiders
They hide on doorknobs.
For reference, the spider portrayed at the top of this post is “smiley”. Many times they act like that so you won’t be afraid, but you still should be.
Image credit: Architetto from the Open Clip Art Library.
It’s been a long hard slog for me to learn about Pilates, and I swear sometimes I’m more confused about it than not. But here are some t-shirts that may clarify some of the concepts and goals. 🙂
- My core can beat-up your core
- My other car is a Cadillac
- Pilates teachers do it on the mat
- Pilates teachers do it with equipment
- Pilates teachers do it for YOUR benefit
- If God meant for us to do Pilates, he would have told a guy named Joseph to invent it
- I feel core-some
- It’s not just “that weird thing celebrities do to stay in shape” anymore
- It’s like doing good for the world, except the world is yourself
- I did the Hundred, and all I got was this lousy t-shirt
If you’ve been here for a while, you’ve heard me rave about the community spirit in my new home town – in particular our local ice-cream shop, What’s the Scoop, which runs a lot of blood drives.
I spend a lot of time in anticipation of these blood drives, and I get to thinking all sorts of strange and funny thoughts. For example:
- Does this extra pint of blood make me look fat?
- What if it comes out green? What would that mean?
- I’m giving blood at my neighborhood ice-cream shop. Why does everyone think that’s so funny?
- I am prepping for the blood drive by bulking up on iron, and now I can only point north.
- And to think some people thought Indiana Jones was a humble hero!
- This must be what it’s like when they make maple syrup.. sort of.
- This would go faster if they’d let me jog on the treadmill.
- Platelets are what fancy people use when they eat little snacksies.
- I feel like a prick.
- I am Iron Man! Eep.
After I gave blood, my thoughts were somewhat different. 🙂