If you’ve been here for a while, you’ve heard me rave about the community spirit in my new home town – in particular our local ice-cream shop, What’s the Scoop, which runs a lot of blood drives.
I spend a lot of time in anticipation of these blood drives, and I get to thinking all sorts of strange and funny thoughts. For example:
- Does this extra pint of blood make me look fat?
- What if it comes out green? What would that mean?
- I’m giving blood at my neighborhood ice-cream shop. Why does everyone think that’s so funny?
- I am prepping for the blood drive by bulking up on iron, and now I can only point north.
- And to think some people thought Indiana Jones was a humble hero!
- This must be what it’s like when they make maple syrup.. sort of.
- This would go faster if they’d let me jog on the treadmill.
- Platelets are what fancy people use when they eat little snacksies.
- I feel like a prick.
- I am Iron Man! Eep.
After I gave blood, my thoughts were somewhat different. 🙂